- What information does Uncovered collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
- What information does Uncovered collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when you provide us information, when we observe or collect information through technology, when we receive information about you from third parties, and/or when we collect information on our Social Media Pages.
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
· email address
· telephone number
· username and password
· personal preferences
· medical information
· current insurance information
· payment or credit card information
· resume, cover letter and similar employment-related materials
We may also allow you to use your personal social media account, on social media sites (“Personal Social Media Account”), to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites. This information may include any information about you that is available through Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following:
· your name
· profile picture
· user ID
· list of friends
· work history
It is possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information associated with that account be revised at a later time. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
1. Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites
- web pages requested and viewed [on the Site] (?)
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear
2. Location Information. Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information that we then use for the specific feature you have selected, such as:
- Email. Our emails may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you.
- Geolocation Services. Our Sites may use geolocation tracking to tailor certain content to you. For instance, we may allow you to search for providers or insurers near your current location. If you access one of our Sites through a mobile device and you have enable location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to facilitate use of these features. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the internet.
3. Cookies and other similar technology. We and our service providers may use “cookies.” Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and with our advertisements
- the time of your visit to our Sites
- confirmation when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email
- sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites
Information Obtained from Third parties
We may combine information about you from other sources with the information we have collected about you on our Sites or Social Media Pages.
Information Collected on Uncovered’s Social Media Pages
2. How do we use the information we collect about you?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you, and helps us continually improve your experience on our Sites.
We use the information you provide, information collected through your Personal Social Media Accounts, and information collected on our Social Media Pages for things like:
· opening an online account
· servicing our customers
· advertising and marketing, including emails and postal mail
· personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites
· fulfilling your requests
· responding to your inquiries
· market research and surveys
· conducting events, promotions, contests and sweepstakes
· processing job applications
We use navigational information gathered through technology for determining things like:
· which parts of our Sites are most visited or used
· what features/products are browsed
· how to improve and better transact business
· the effectiveness of our Sites
· difficulties in accessing our Sites
· the number of visitors to our Sites
· average time spent on our Sites
· any programming errors or failures on any of our Sites
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology to determine many of the same things listed for navigational information above. In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for things like:
- personalizing your experience on our Sites
- serving tailored ads on other sites, as described below
- tailoring email marketing to you based on your preferences on or use of our Sites
- determining return visitors
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to measure traffic and usage trends, and to help us better understand your use of and interaction with our Sites and Social Media Pages. For more information on how Google uses data when you use our Sites,
Similar to the navigational information described above, the social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
3. How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other sites that you visit and what choices do you have?
We may contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites. These third party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience on our Sites and other sites that you visit.
For information about opt out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, click the following: . By clicking this website, you will then leave our Site for another online site where you may specify your preferences under that opt-out program. You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. You should also note that our systems may not recognize “Do Not Track” headers from some or all browsers.
4. Does Uncovered share your information with third parties?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to unrelated parties except as set forth below. We may share your personal information with the following:
- our contractors, vendors, affiliates, and service providers in order to perform tasks on our behalf such as the following:
- responding to and fulfilling your requests
- assisting in servicing and running our Sites
- conducting surveys, promotions, contests, and sweepstakes
- providing and improving our communications with you
- cloud based and hosting services
- when it is necessary for completing or servicing any transactions that you have authorized and, in some instances, to verify the existence or condition of your account with a financial institution, credit bureau or other third party
- to verify an application for employment
- as required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others, including where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- as necessary and appropriate to protect Uncovered from harm due to fraud or other illegal activities.
If Uncovered were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
We may also share aggregate data about our customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with vendors, but none of this data is connected to an individual’s personal information.
5. What choices do you have over how Uncovered uses your information?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
- Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as customer service communications.
- Location Information:
- Mobile Device Location Information. Your mobile device settings may allow you to disable location-based services, which will prevent our Sites from accessing your precise mobile device location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your device for instructions.
- Desktop Device Location Information. Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Sites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your browser for instructions.
- Email Location Information. Your email program may allow you to prevent the pixel tags or images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the “Email” section above.
- California Opt-Out Rights: Under California law, if you are a resident of California and have previously communicated with us or provided us with your personal information, you may make a written request to Uncovered about how we have shared your personal information during the prior calendar year with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, Uncovered is allowed to provide you with a cost-free means to opt-out of such sharing rather than providing the information about these third parties. We are providing the opportunity to opt out, which you can do by emailing us at
6. How does Uncovered secure your information on its Sites?
Our Sites utilize commercially reasonable precautions, including, encryption technology, firewalls, and other reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures designed to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Moreover, we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. While we implement these security measures on our Sites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
We may enable you to navigate to third-party websites through links on our Sites. We do this for your convenience. If it is not one of our Sites, we do not endorse, may not have any affiliation with, do not control and aren't responsible for those third-party websites and/or their Internet and web practices. Whether the third-party content appears within our Site environment (like a map frame), or you leave our Sites for another website to view it, the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of those other websites govern your online experience. Please review their terms of service and privacy policies if you have any question about their practices.
7. How can I review, request access to, and update my personal information?
You may review, request access to, and update certain personal information by contacting us as indicated below. As a security precaution, we may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to your personal information. We will use our best efforts to accommodate your request, but may limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or as otherwise permitted.
9. How can I contact Uncovered?
Effective as of: July 19, 2019